phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Jacoby <gjac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Don't forget about branch-5.1
Date Wed, 12 May 2021 20:21:25 GMT
Have we actually decided that branch-5.1 will produce our next version of
Phoenix?

I've been assuming that 4.16 (and 5.1, which I'll admit I forgot existed)
were just for bug fixes, and that the next significant version of Phoenix
would be 5.2 / 4.17 sometime in H2 of 2021. (Or potentially just 5.2, if
the "retire 4.x" proposal on another thread passes.)

We already have several changes in 4.x and master that add columns to
System.Catalog and hence can't go out in 4.16.2 or 5.1.2. (See PHOENIX-6247
-- which should be marked Resolved -- and PHOENIX-6457).

Do we need the dual maintenance of a 5.1 patch branch?

Geoffrey