phoenix-user mailing list archives

From Konstantinos Kougios <kostas.koug...@googlemail.com>
Subject a good hbase config to work with phoenix and very large tables
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:17:59 GMT
Hi, anyone wants to share a good config that will work for not-so-fast
clusters (7200rpm disks) and very large tables?

I got a cluster of 3x region servers on lxc-virtual boxes on a 16-core
machine with 3x7200rpm disks. Each region server runs on a virtual box
using one of the disks and with Xmx4G.

I get various issues for tables that are above a few GB, i.e. I can't
create indexes or do counts(*) and even regionserver crashes (due to
outofmem) on aggregate queries & joins.

I believe my hardware to be adequate for a 500GB table or a 150GB one, I
don't mind so much for slow responses but operations should eventually
complete successfully.

Thanks,

Kostas