phoenix-user mailing list archives

From zz d <zzd7...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it appropriate to switch between immutable and mutable ?
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:10:35 GMT
For example:

    CREATE TABLE test(
        id BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
        value  BIGINT
    ) IMMUTABLE_ROWS=true;

    CREATE INDEX idx ON test(id, value);

As I know:

> Creating indexes on tables with immutable rows should only be used for
use cases where the data is written once and not deleted.

and

> If you have an existing table that you’d like to switch from immutable
indexing to mutable indexing, use the ALTER TABLE command as show below:

   ALTER TABLE my_table SET IMMUTABLE_ROWS=false;

So, can I change the table to "IMMUTABLE_ROWS=false" when I want to delete
some bad data, and after that, I set "IMMUTABLE_ROWS=true" back ?

Will this way damage something ?

Thanks.