Thanks! I'll set up a repo today, and we can see how far we get with it.

Another recent thread points to a stack overflow answer with some clues.

On 10 Sep 2015 7:00 am, "Krishna" <research800@gmail.com> wrote:
I can volunteer to spend some time on this.

CDH artifacts are available in Maven repo but from reading other threads on CDH-Phoenix compatibilty, it looks like there are some code changes to be made in Phoenix to successfully compile against CDH.

Here are questions to address:
1) How to maintain CDH compatible Phoenix code base?
2) Is having a CDH compatible branch even an option?

Krishna

Yes I am interested. Assuming CDH artifacts are publicly available in a Maven repo somewhere, which I believe is the case, perhaps we (the Phoenix project/community) could set up a Jenkins job that builds against them and makes the resulting build artifacts available. They would never be an official release, just a best effort convenience. Would that work? I think little must be done besides compile against the CDH artifacts for binary compatibility.