Yes, see https://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html#Consistency_Guarantees

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016, Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

I recently noticed that one of my secondary index was short of 2 entries compared to data table.

AFAIK, the first update is always to index table. So, the only way an index table could fall behind the main table is when the index was disabled by phoenix. Maybe the region server hosting that index was not able to take the update.

If that is the case, then I had following questions:

1. Is there a flag which forces phoenix to internally cause an index rebuild instead of totally disabling it? Or do I have to manually rebuild index?
2. Is there a flag which can prevent disabling of index altogether? In that case an error would get returned to the client that a write failed. This is more useful because I'd like to always keep index and main table in sync.

Thanks,
Sumit