pirk-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.2.0-incubating Release
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:49:52 GMT
A minor observation.

As a final bit of polish on your very smooth release process, you might
consider that when calling the result of the vote, you reply directly to
your original [VOTE] e-mail, and amend the subject line start with [RESULT].

So it would look like this, with the original call for votes, everyone's
vote, and the final result

  [VOTE] Release Apache Pirk (incubating) 0.2.0-RC2 as 0.2.0
  |_  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pirk (incubating) 0.2.0-RC2 as 0.2.0
  |_  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pirk (incubating) 0.2.0-RC2 as 0.2.0
  |_  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pirk (incubating) 0.2.0-RC2 as 0.2.0
  |_  [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Pirk (incubating) 0.2.0-RC2 as 0.2.0

It's a simple convention that Apache people will recognize and make Pirk
look even more professional :-)

Regards,
Tim