pirk-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft for Review - October Podling Report
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 08:14:34 GMT
On 01/10/16 01:14, Ellison Anne Williams wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Please find the draft podling report for October below -- please let me
> know if you have any comments/suggestions/questions. I will post it to the
> incubator wiki when everyone is happy with it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ellison Anne

FYI the layout got messed up on my client, so I hit return a few times
to reformat the text below...

> PirkPirk is a framework for scalable Private Information Retrieval
> (PIR).
>
> Pirk has been incubating since 2016-06-17. The initial code for
> Pirk was granted on 2016-07-11.
>
> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>
> 1. Grow the community to establish diversity of background and expertise.
>
> 2. Establish a formal release process and schedule, allowing for
> dependable release cycles in a manner consistent with the Apache
> development process.
>
> 3. Add to and improve the Pirk user documentation and examples both on
> the website and in the code base.
>
> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to
> be aware of?
>
> None.

> We have attracted a couple of new contributors since the last report.
> The mailing list activity, pull requests, and page views to the Apache
> Pirk website (via Google Analytics) have also increased since the last
> report.

> The project is in the process of completing it's second release,
> 0.2.0-incubating. The project has also undertaken a refactor of some of
> the packages and drivers and added additional user/developer
> documentation on the website.
>
> Date of last release:
>
> August 29, 2016
>
> When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
>
> Pirk elected two new committers (Tim Ellison and Suneel Marthi, both
> mentors) on August 18, 2016.

+1 from me.

I think we are well on the the way to achieving goal two, the repeatable
release process/schedule, and as you have written, it is now a case of
focusing on user and developer community to ensure the project is
sustainable in the long run.

Regards,
Tim