pirk-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft for Review - October Podling Report
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 13:29:21 GMT
On 07/10/16 12:59, Ellison Anne Williams wrote:
> Good points. From a mentor perspective, what would you consider to be
> diverse enough community involvement for the project to be self-sustaining?

The goal is to ensure that if one or two existing people / companies
decide (for whatever reason) that they no longer want to participate in
Pirk, the community will be able to continue.

Now we don't need to get into a debate about how likely that loss is for
Pirk, but as a general rule the guidance is that having three distinct
'entities' as regular committers would be a minimum.

Of course, the more the better.

Take a look here for a good overview
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community

Regards,