pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: outline decorator
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:57:41 GMT
OK. Are you trying to use it to paint outside the bounds of the component's parent? For example,
is your component's location set to 0, 0? If so, that would explain it. Decorators can paint
outside of their components' bounds, but not their components' parents' bounds.

On Monday, April 13, 2009, at 09:49AM, "Noel Grandin" <noelgrandin@gmail.com> wrote:
>I'm applying it to various components.
>On some components, it works, on others, not.
>The attached image is a "not working" case
>
>the code looks like this:
>   this.selectedComponent.getDecorators().add(outlineDecorator);
>so nothing special.
>
>On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 15:02, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>>>I'm trying to implement a Decorator that will add a red border around
>>>a component. I've got the following, which seems to work sometimes,
>>>but not always.
>>
>> At a quick glance, it seems OK. Under what circumstances does it not work properly?
Do you have some sample code that demonstrates how you are using this decorator?