pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Preferences class
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:00:37 GMT
Hi Sandro,

I finally had a chance to take a look at your most recent Preferences code. It's still not
quite in line with what I had in mind.

I just checked in an updated stub for this class. It now includes the load and save tasks
I mentioned, along with some convenience methods for using the tasks (similar to pivot.wtk.media.Image).
You'll see TODO comments where we need to add the JNLP persistence stuff. All of the other
methods should be OK, though I have not tested them yet.

I had to make a couple of modifications to JSONSerializer to support the dot-separated key
values we discussed. Previously, only get() had been supported (as getValue(), which is now
deprecated), but Preferences also requires put(), remove(), and containsKey(). These methods
have now been added.

Basically all we should need to do at this point is migrate your persistence code to the new
stub class. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Greg