pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Preferences class
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:58:38 GMT
OK - a quick Google search reveals that "common extension" is probably not the right term.
Apparently many parsers try to adhere to the quoted standard strictly. However, others do
not, and I would argue that it is better to support both. I wouldn't want a potential use
case for Pivot to be invalidated because Pivot is unable to consume the JSON output that a
non-compliant web service produces. It also seems to be a common sentiment that the JSON standard
should support non-quoted keys.