pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: builder in progress
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:23:24 GMT
>Includes aren't handled yet, but I don't expect them to be a problem -
>a marker node in the tree should suffice.

Possibly. Did you actually implement WTKXSerializer#writeObject(), or are you handling it
elsewhere?

>Non-primitive properties seems to be working fine. Not sure why this
>should be a problem?

For example, Component#getLocation() returns a Dimensions instance. How are you writing this
to the output stream? It could theoretically be written as follows (if we supported a String-based
setter, which we could add in the future):

<Component location="{x:0, y:0}">

or:

<Component>
    <location>
        <Dimensions x="0" y="0"/>
    </location>
</Component>

>Nested collections I haven't seen in any wtkx files yet, so that won't work.

Couple of examples:

- ListView#getListData() - do we always want to serialize this value? Probably not.
- Component#getStyles() - we probably do want to always serialize this.

There is a potentially useful distinction between the two, though - "styles" is read-only,
whereas "listData" is read/write.