pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Grandin <noelgran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: builder in progress
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:35:02 GMT
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 16:23, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>>Includes aren't handled yet, but I don't expect them to be a problem -
>>a marker node in the tree should suffice.
>
> Possibly. Did you actually implement WTKXSerializer#writeObject(), or are you handling
it elsewhere?

I wrote my own WTKX_OutputSerializer, borrowing heavily from the
original WKTXSerializer.

>>Non-primitive properties seems to be working fine. Not sure why this
>>should be a problem?
>
> For example, Component#getLocation() returns a Dimensions instance. How are you writing
this to the output stream? It could theoretically be written as follows (if we supported a
String-based setter, which we could add in the future):

> <Component location="{x:0, y:0}">

It uses this style. Insets, CornerRadii and Color are also handled
idiomatically.

>>Nested collections I haven't seen in any wtkx files yet, so that won't work.
>
> Couple of examples:
>
> - ListView#getListData() - do we always want to serialize this value? Probably not.
> - Component#getStyles() - we probably do want to always serialize this.

Styles is serialised, and it is smart enough to only serialise style
data that is non-default.

ListData is not handled yet.