pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <bri...@brindy.org.uk>
Subject Re: When are you going to move packages to org.apache.pivot?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:31:08 GMT
I have a some thoughts about that:

- Is it compulsory?  It makes sense, but I just wonder if it is mandated.

- The refactoring should be fairly easy with Eclipse.  It'll handle the SVN
updates required as well.

- We need more unit tests to first-pass validate that the refactoring hasn't
broken anything.

- While the refactoring tools in Eclipse are pretty good, and will even
catch class references in non-Java files, are there many non-Java files that
reference classes?  These are the ones that will be tricky to catch / test.

- We need to 'freeze' the code and one person needs to make the changes
before unfreezing the code so that commits against different packages don't
cause conflicts.

(btw, I will look at latest RC today)

Cheers,
Chris