pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: When are you going to move packages to org.apache.pivot?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:04:51 GMT
They have always been "pivot.*" by design. I've personally never been
a big fan of the "org.*" or "com.*" naming scheme. I think it is
outdated and needlessly verbose (.NET doesn't use it, and it makes the
code more readable, IMO).

Also, not all Java package names begin with "org" or "com"; e.g.
"java.*", "javax.*", and "javafx.*". Pivot provides functionality that
competes directly with classes that live in these packages. The
"pivot.*" name is meant to convey a stronger sense of credibility - it
implies that these classes are on par with their JDK equivalents.
Otherwise, they seem less "official". It would be unfortunate if we
had to change it.