pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Add source JARs to binary distribution?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:03:21 GMT
That's probably true for stepping through the code - I hadn't thought
of that. OTOH, it still might be valuable for auto-complete - without
the source, Eclipse doesn't know what variable names to use when you
create a new class or method - they all come out as "arg0", "arg1",
etc. It's very convenient not to have to look at the Javadoc when you
want to override or implement a method.

We could also consider including debug binaries, in addition to the
release ones.