pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:21:05 GMT
It is however important that these things get started if you want to
meet the deadline for the next board meeting.

Any PPMC member can perform steps 1-4, no need to wait for your
mentors :). There doesn't seem to be any contention on general@ for
graduating pivot, so I suggest starting with 1, 2 and 3 would be
great. You can look at the wicket graduation process (or any other
recently graduated podling) [1], [2] and [3]

May 2007 is a rich month of graduating projects: OpenEJB, OpenJPA and
Wicket moved out of the incubator...

Martijn

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/wicket-dev/200705.mbox/%3c463B17B9.6000806@odoko.co.uk%3e
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/wicket-dev/200705.mbox/%3c918312fe0705220541s2dcd299akcb06d2e95663fbe3@mail.gmail.com%3e
[3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200705.mbox/%3c918312fe0705240946p28984077kdaf1256e35726be1@mail.gmail.com%3e

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:14 AM, Niclas Hedhman<niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> Yes, there is little need for artificial deadlines. Personally, I think
> August meeting is achievable, if things moves smoothly.
>
> Main points,
> 1. A community vote.
> 2. Ensure that the STATUS page is up to date.
> 3. Formulate the Board Resolution.
> 4. Bring it to the Incubator for discussion, then vote.
> 5. Submission of resolution to board agenda.
>
> Cheers
> Niclas
>
> On Jul 28, 2009 2:58 AM, "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Of course, it may be better to simply start the process as soon as possible
> and target graduation when the process itself logically completes, rather
> than imposing some sort of artificial deadline...  :-)
>
> On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Greg Brown wrote: > Mentors, > > I'm looking at
> the graduation docs...

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0