pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: FlowLayout equivalent
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 07:07:15 GMT
On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Todd Volkert<tvolkert@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  Moving FlowPane to BoxPane, and creating FlowPane a-la FlowLayout
> would make things simpler.  And I do think the need for wrapping in this
> fashion is a valid use case that should be supported by the platform.

Are you sure you want this big incompatible change?

It would be good to know how many people are actually picking up Pivot
so far. If they are few enough, consensus to these kind of changes are
typically easy to get, as bleeding edge developers seems very tolerant
and agreeable compared to the lazy masses.... (I hate ants on my
desk!!!)

Another alternative would be to have a wrapping mode on FlowPane,
which defaults to current behavior.

My attempt on trying to implement this, shows how terrible an UI
programmer I really am, or should I say how little I enjoy it and the
tediousness to I feel.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer