pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Comet support
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:29:48 GMT
Comet is "hot" because push-style applications are hot. I think an XMPP demo would be a much
more effective way to demonstrate Pivot's support for push.

On Thursday, October 15, 2009, at 09:23AM, "Sandro Martini" <sandro.martini@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Hi Greg,
>> I personally see "Comet" as a hack to work around HTML's lack of flexibility for
communicating with the server. Pivot app's don't really need Comet since they can take advantage
of much more robust ways of implementing push-style apps (XMPP, raw sockets, etc.).