pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <bri...@brindy.org.uk>
Subject Re: non-closeable dialog?
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:05:43 GMT
I totally mis-read what you put, but I get it now... I thought I had
to look up the skin and call a method on it, but you're taking about
the style in the WTKX - that's perfect.  (especially since the
getSkin() method is protected)

Cheers,
Chris

2009/10/27 Christopher Brind <brindy@brindy.org.uk>:
> OK, thanks - wasn't sure if it was taboo to be touching the skin like
> that, but that's fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>

> 2009/10/27 Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com>:
>> More specifically - all windows can be closed programmatically (via the close() method),
but not all frame skins are guaranteed to provide a UI means for doing so. The same applies
to maximize, minimize, etc. Making this a style still allows the caller to set it, but doesn't
tie any particular theme implementation to a strict window management API.

>> On Monday, October 26, 2009, at 08:39PM, "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>>>You can set the "showCloseButton" style to false. This is a style rather than
a property because not all frame trim will necessarily include a "close" button.

{