pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject New font encoding
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:56:29 GMT
Hi all,

I have just finished making a change that provides much more
flexibility in customizing the appearance of text-based components.
Instead of the "fontBold", "fontItalic", and "fontSize" styles that
were previously limited to the Label skin, you can now use a new JSON-
based encoding on any component that displays text. For example, the
following markup will create a PushButton that uses a 12-point bold
font whose other attributes are taken from the theme font:

<PushButton buttonData="Foo" styles="{font:{size:12, bold:true}}"/>

All properties are optional; any unspecified properties will be taken
from the theme. The supported attributes are "name" (String),
"size" (int), "bold" (boolean), and "italic" (boolean). Note that, if
the curly braces are not included, the previous encoding that relied
on Font.decodeFont() will be used.

The down side is that you will need to update any WTKX files that were
using the previous styles, since they are no longer supported. Any
such changes should be straightforward, but please let me know if you
have any questions.

Greg