pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r831969 - in /incubator/pivot/trunk: demos/src/org/apache/pivot/demos/explorer/ demos/www/ tools/src/org/apache/pivot/tools/wtk/ wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 12:12:16 GMT
That all depends on the size of the window, and while the JNLP files may
specify a size, the applet won't, and users launching from the desktop
won't.

Keep in mind that DesktopApplicationContext remembers the value of your
window's size and location when you close it and keeps it for the next time
you launch it -- but only when you don't hard code the size and location in
startup properties.  I think most of the time, it's bad practice to hard
code size and location of your app for this reason.  In the case of our demo
JNLP files, however, I think it's fine, because the users of the demos are
likely to have never run the app before and may never run it again, so
providing them with a good default makes sense.  However, I don't think we
should cater the L&F of any app to a particular window size, since in
general, that size can and will change.

That being said, I can certainly lower the split ratio of the content area /
property inspector splitter in the component explorer, since it was
arbitrary to begin with :)

-T