pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WTKXSerializer#bind
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:28:30 GMT
It allows the caller to specify which members to bind to. Without the
type argument, bind() would need to walk up the type hierarchy and
attempt to bind to each superclass of the calling class as well as the
class itself. In fact, it used to work that way, and at the moment I
can't remember why we changed it. The single-arg signature does seem
more intuitive.