pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r832774 - in /incubator/pivot/trunk/demos/www: component_explorer.html component_explorer.jnlp pivot-runtime.jnlp pivot-runtime.signed.jnlp stock_tracker.jnlp
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:53:26 GMT
Hi Todd,

> The "main" attribute tells the JNLP loader which jar file contains the class
> described in <application-desc main-class="..."/>, and in all of our cases,
yes, I know it :-)

> our main class is org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext, which is
> in pivot-wtk.jar.  Saying that our main class was elsewhere was wrong.
yes, you have reason, now I remember this (relatively) new class ...
so this was missing before.

It's good that Web Start doesn't give errors having more than one jar
with the main attribute.

I remember an article (of some time ago) with a description of how to
do to solve class finding problems in cases like this, but now (Java 6
Update 10 or upper) finally this has been deprecated, and if jars are
indexed the index is used, so class finding and loading is done right
and fast, also having one or more main jars ...

Thanks for the infos,
Sandro