pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven POMs uploaded to Jira
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 11:17:28 GMT
Hi,
we discuss a lot months ago on this subject, and finally we choose NOT
to use Maven as a build tool to build Pivot itself (for many reasons
...), BUT publish Pivot jars in Apache main Maven repository, to let
users who have maven as their build tool, to use Pivot jars in a
simple way ... but I (and others in Pivot) have never published jars
to a public repository (we have to follow some rules, and add some
other content to out jars), and we have a ticket in JIRA for this (for
me and with the direct support of Todd ... and others :-) ), for the
1.4. Some of this work has already be done, but not all :-) .
This is one of my task for next weeks. But after this someone (who ?)
at Apache will have to verify if jars are published well. And I
haven't understand on the jars I'll publish if they must be after a
public release or if I can start with our trunk ...
But these are my troubles ... just to speak.

Months ago I've done this trying to do a manual install of Pivot jars
in my local repository (using standard pivot jars, and maven
commands), and all worked.
Tell me if you need a sample project in attach (if I remember well
also with inside a txt with commands I used ... I've too little
memory, so any thing I do must be written, or I forget it :-) ) ...
and maybe I should have already attach it in JIRA.

Good work.

Byeeee,
Sandro