pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: SVN
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 07:44:14 GMT
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Christopher Brind <brindy@brindy.org.uk> wrote:

> But on a serious note, how does someone go about objecting to that?
> Can I object to it, for instance (and be listened to)?

Of course you can object... and some my even listen to it before
bashing you to death ;-)

> I personally don't think SVN is something Apache should have or needs
> in it's 'portfolio' - Apache should be looking away from SVN and
> towards technologies like Git or Mercurial, IMHO.

We are using Git in Qi4j, and really like it, although we are only
using it with a CVS/SVN mindset...

> Unless Apache *wants* to become the dead open source project
> graveyard, of course. ;-)

I doubt SVN will go out of fashion any time soon. The momentum in
mid-sized companies are huge, and it is mostly enthusiasts and
bleeding-edge technologists that are hailing the DSCMs of the world.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er