pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WTKXSerializer -> BeanSerializer
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:13:36 GMT
Of course, another thing to consider is that "BeanSerializer" and "bx" are a lot easier to
say than "WTKXSerializer" and "wtkx".  ;-)

On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

>>> - Move all classes in org.apache.pivot.wtkx to org.apache.pivot.beans
>>
>> Does this mean that it moves from pivot-wtk to pivot-core? Good.
>
> Yes.
>
>>> - Rename @WTKX to @BXML
>>
>> Why not use the standard @Resource annotation of JSR-250 (Common Annotations) which
is specifically designed for dependency injection? Common Annotations are part of Java 6 SE.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSR_250 . Also note that most DI tools such as Spring already
support @Resource.

>> Alas, the @Resources annotation of JSR-299 name-clashes with Pivot's Resources class,
so that would need to be resolved...

> If I understand the intent correctly:
>
> @BXML ~= @Resource
> Bindable#initialize() ~= @PostConstruct
>
> However, I think the "Resources" name clash would cause confusion, so I think it would
be preferable to stick with the existing terminology and not attempt to support JSR-250 (the
end result is the same either way).

>> Other than that I don't care about the refactoring. I don't plan to use the Serializer
for anything besides gui instantiation.