pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WTKXSerializer -> BeanSerializer
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:07:30 GMT
>> - Move all classes in org.apache.pivot.wtkx to org.apache.pivot.beans
>
> Does this mean that it moves from pivot-wtk to pivot-core? Good.

Yes.

>> - Rename @WTKX to @BXML
>
> Why not use the standard @Resource annotation of JSR-250 (Common Annotations) which is
specifically designed for dependency injection? Common Annotations are part of Java 6 SE.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSR_250 . Also note that most DI tools such as Spring already
support @Resource.

> Alas, the @Resources annotation of JSR-299 name-clashes with Pivot's Resources class,
so that would need to be resolved...

If I understand the intent correctly:

@BXML ~= @Resource
Bindable#initialize() ~= @PostConstruct

However, I think the "Resources" name clash would cause confusion, so I think it would be
preferable to stick with the existing terminology and not attempt to support JSR-250 (the
end result is the same either way).

> Other than that I don't care about the refactoring. I don't plan to use the Serializer
for anything besides gui instantiation.

OK, thanks.