pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] adding components to TextArea
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:07:55 GMT
My comments below - Noel, please feel free to provide additional detail.

> a) How can I extract out the current line and column number?

TextArea#getRowIndex() will give you the line number. There is currently no way to determine
the column index. However, assuming that we define "column index" as a character's offset
within its row, it shouldn't be too tough to add.

> b) Do you expose the "new paragraph" character as a static field in a class
> somewhere?

TextArea#setText(String) uses an instance of org.apache.pivot.text.PlainTextSerializer, which
uses BufferedReader#readLine() internally.

> c) How can I obtain the total height of each line?

This is also not available at the moment, but it also shouldn't be too tough to add.

> d) Are you planning on a logical mapping for keystrokes to "actions" and
> from "actions" to behavior?

Can you be a little more specific? What would an action do? What is a behavior?