pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] adding components to TextArea
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:33:46 GMT
I think that traversing the view hierarchy again is OK.

Also, I think we should probably consider creating a 1.5.x branch at this point. That will
allow us to continue making fixes to the 1.5 tree but will also allow you to check in your
code.

On Jun 7, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> Hi
>
> OK, I've reworked the patch so that it calculates position during
> layout(), but I had to traverse the NodeView hierarchy again in order to
> do that.
>
> Regards, Noel.
>

> Greg Brown wrote:
>>> I have to do it this way because TextAreaSkin only calculates position
>>> information during paint().
>>>
>> I don't think that's accurate. It should be calculated in layout(), when validate()
is called on the document view. You should be able to position/size the components after that
call.