pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: application in error, but not visible
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:02:23 GMT
Hi Greg,

> That's OK - this sort of error is most likely to be seen by developers, who will understand
how to resolve it.
but so wouldn't it be better (if not to show something in GUI) at
least exit from the application (and in case of applets would be
different, too) to avoid an java process under, without nothing
visible ? Maybe this could be a safer and simpler solution ...
And to avoid something like "I launch a Pivot Application but it hangs
and stay in memory, and nothing is shown" from a typical user :-) .

Mine probably is a not-so-common case, but I fear that could be
revealed also in other combinations of startup parameters causing some
errors occurs in init/start methods of ApplicationContexts.

But in any case I agree with you that it's not a priority, programmers
can find a solve this.

Bye