pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Demo of Pivot/SVG Salamander
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:40:01 GMT

Hi,
some ideas just before close this point ... at least for future versions,
don't worry.

> > To have some features of both more in evidence scalable features of
> both, what do you think when resizing the application window, if all SVG
> elements will resize too (for example to keep the same proportions as the
> start, but locked as horizontal/vertical proportion) ?
>
> That wouldn't really demonstrate Pivot's UI scaling feature, but it would
> certainly highlight the ability to scale SVGs. Feel free to create such an
> example if you like.
Ok, but if it's technically doable why not try to show even this feature in
the same Demo ?

> > Little visual trick: is it possible to move the svg tiger a little
> under, to have a little more vertical space between the Pivot logo and the
> tiger (there is much vertical space at the top, and little here) ?
>
> Here's an even easier trick: resize the window.  ;-)
Ok I know :-) ... but i think that having a little less vertical space from
the upper, and add some vertical spacing between both SVGs could be more
visually pleasant, before resizing the window. But it's a little thing ...

> > And last, some small things on the zoom feature: - zooming the user
> interface I see that the current position of the mouse is not taken as the
> center for the zooming in/out operation, but I think this would be better
> (when the user want to zoom, it click in a certain point)
>
> UI scaling changes the scale factor of the entire display, so it can't
> really be localized around a single point.
Ok, but using a trick that by default just after the scaling it all will be
repositioned in the "right" position ?
All Graphics programs that do scaling in/out feel this way ...

Bye,
Sandro