pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Dimensions not updated in the right way when changing the default font
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 01:02:29 GMT
That's one of the reasons we chose Verdana as the default font - it is available on all systems.
We also chose it because, at the time, it was one of the fonts that rendered consistently
well in Java2D, though this is less of an issue now that AWT text rendering has improved.

However, it should be OK to use a platform-specific font in our OS-specific themes - we should
just test them to make sure that they look OK on that particular platform (for example, the
Windows XP schemes don't need to look perfect in Ubuntu, since they shouldn't really be used
there anyways).