pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dimensions not updated in the right way when changing the default font
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 00:42:50 GMT
Hi,

>> This evening I'll try to see if changing the default font in some custom
>> colors file could be useful, for example in the TerraTheme_ubuntu.json
>> file, if the default font in Ubuntu/Gnome is really different from our
>> default (but choosing a font available in JRE on all platforms ... and
>> maybe even the default dimension.
> Then I'll try to look at what is default font in Ubuntu, etc ... to see
> if/what this makes sense here (using only in these custom json combinations
> another font, from JRE fonts).
> I'll tell you something on this before making changes.

as I was imaging, this is not a trivial problem, or better there are
few fonts available in all platforms (probably Arial, Verdana, and
maybe few others).
What do you think to add a small test program like this under tests:
http://www.java2s.com/Tutorial/Java/0261__2D-Graphics/Togetallavailablefontsinyoursystem.htm
to being able to list available fonts (on different platforms) ...

After searching some info, I found for example that:
- Ubuntu (Gnome) has Sans as default font, with dimension 10
- Mac, Lucida 13 ?
- Windows XP, ...
- Windows 7, ...

If someone has other info, I can try to make some experiments for the
2.1 release ...

Bye