pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Memory Game in Pivot
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 01:21:25 GMT
Hi Luiz,
I haven't had a chance to take a look at this yet, but I plan to tomorrow. Sounds very cool!

On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:00 AM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've written a little memory game in Pivot, and I'd like to share it with you.
> It can sound silly, but in my blog, a post about a memory game written in Swing is one
of the most readed. That's why: it shows many features of Swing, like especialization of components,
event listening, layout, etc...
> That's why I've made it in Pivot: I could write a code that have, in few lines, many
important features of Pivot: layout, event listening, interface markup, binding, etc..
> I've written it using Pivot 1.5.2, but as soon as possible (as soon as Pivot 2.0 get
ready) I'm gonna rewrite it. My intention is to write a Pivot tutorial to a brazilian magazine,
showing Pivot 2.0 features, and I intend to use it as an example.

> Greg, if you think this could be a good example for the project site, feel free to use
it. If that applies, just mention my name, and I'll be really happy for that!

> I've written a small post in my blog telling about the game: http://luizgustavoss.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/jogo-da-memoria-com-apache-pivot/
> I've shown the source code, but I left a challenge to readers who get curious to visit
Pivot's website.