pivot-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@ingres.com>
Subject RE: Focus transfer when suggestion popup closes
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:48:03 GMT
>From my testing this isn't quite the right place, nor is "windowOpened".

So, I'm going to punt on this aspect of it, check in the TAB changes and
let you look at the ESCAPE/focus issues, okay?!

Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb | Architect, Engineering | Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com |
Ingres | 500 Arguello Street | Suite 200 | Redwood City | CA | 94063 |
USA  +1 650-587-5596 | fax: +1 650-587-5550

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bartlett [mailto:cbartlett.x@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:55 AM
To: dev@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Focus transfer when suggestion popup closes

On 22 June 2011 20:59, Roger L. Whitcomb <Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com>
wrote:

>   I *think* that sounds right to restore the original text, but let me
see
> if I can
> get the code to do that.  Probably on the open it could save the
content
> and restore
> it on ESCAPE.  I will try that and repost the diff to the JIRA issue.
>
> Roger,

I'm not at my dev box right now, but I think the TextInput's text would
need
to be saved when the TextInput loses focus to the ListView.

>From memory - the skin will add a ComponentKeyListener to the TextInput
process an UP or DOWN arrow key press (when the pop up is open and the
TextInput still has focus) and pass focus to the ListView and select
either
the first or last item.  The TextInput's text could probably be captured
then, as it is the last opportunity that the user had to modify the
text.

I'm happy to have a look at this if you are busy.  I can bundle it with
the
other 'pop up Component issues' I noticed when I add them into JIRA
tomorrow.

Chris