pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Large Data Demo
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:38:20 GMT
Hi all,
an old part of this discussion is here:
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/FileNotFoundExceptions-on-http-pivot-apache-org-demos-large-data-html-td3151429.html#a3313354

Now there is still one question open on it:
to make the page work on the web site, I had to manually fix it so instead
of
startupProperties.push("basePath=pivot-demos/assets"); // good for the
deploy in pivot-demos.war
on the web site has to be:
startupProperties.push("basePath=/assets"); // good for the deploy on the
web site

And other: the Large Data JNLP Demo at the moment is broken, because it
contains this:
<argument>--basePath=pivot-demos/assets</argument>
and for some reason it doesn't get a right origin to prepend to basePath.
So I have to check if fix it in deploy code in the jnlp or in java code, I
have to look.
Note that all JNLP links should be active even in the web site after 2.0.1
release, so make them working is a must for me.

The problem here is that all those (small) deploy task has to be done after
any release, to adapt it for the web site. But for me it's Ok, no problem,
we have just to not forget to do it.

I'm Looking for a common solution to this problem, but I think it's simple
to do this at the moment ...
For example have another deploy task with the right root parameter inside
(good for the web site),
or maybe change the folder in the web site (under the deploy folder here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/site/trunk/deploy/ ), where
pivot-demos and pivot-tutorials are, and move them in the same folders (like
unpacked wars in Tomcat), this probably could be useful to do in any case.

Comments ?

Bye,
Sandro