pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Move Wtk classes related to SVGSalamander in a dedicated wtk-svg (or similar) subproject inside Pivot
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:02:58 GMT
Hi all,
what do you think if for the 2.1 release I'd move all classes that has SVG
Salamander as dependency (should be only Drawing, Image,
SVGDiagramSerializer classes all inside Wtk, simply search for
"com.kitfox.svg" for example) inside a dedicated wtk-svg subproject (or
wtk-svgsalamander or something similar) ?

The idea is to keep it inside Pivot core workspace, but moving dependency on
SVG Salamander in this new (small) project (with its jar), so anyone not
using SVG features won't have a dependency on SVG Salamander.

Of course I don't want to drop/make second citizen this interesting part of
Pivot, but only to make some cleanup in dependencies of a big part of wtk
... for example this gave me some problems with Maven, in my applications
where I'm not using SVG features.

What do you think ?
If wanted tomorrow I could create a JIRA ticket for it.

I know that I'll have to change (another time) our build file.
And this time maybe I could re-introduce even the Tools subproject
(currently empty) ... could be useful to contain some utility for Pivot.
Comments ?

Bye,
Sandro

--
View this message in context: http://apache-pivot-developers.417237.n3.nabble.com/Move-Wtk-classes-related-to-SVGSalamander-in-a-dedicated-wtk-svg-or-similar-subproject-inside-Pivot-tp3317312p3317312.html
Sent from the Apache Pivot - Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.