pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move Wtk classes related to SVGSalamander in a dedicated wtk-svg (or similar) subproject inside Pivot
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:13:31 GMT
>> The idea is to keep it inside Pivot core workspace, but moving dependency
on SVG Salamander in this new (small) project (with its jar), so anyone not
using SVG features won't have a dependency on SVG Salamander.

>You don't need to do this. If an app does not refer to the Drawing class,
it won't attempt to load the SVG Salamander libraries.
Yes, I know, but the point here is if there aren't dependencies that (for
whatever reason) I don't want ... but note that I'm not saying here that I
don't want this part, but I think it's better to isolate in its own jar (so
if I don't use these features I don't have to provide it and related
dependencies).

Comments ?

Bye

--
View this message in context: http://apache-pivot-developers.417237.n3.nabble.com/Move-Wtk-classes-related-to-SVGSalamander-in-a-dedicated-wtk-svg-or-similar-subproject-inside-Pivot-tp3317312p3317340.html
Sent from the Apache Pivot - Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.