pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Move Wtk classes related to SVGSalamander in a dedicated wtk-svg (or similar) subproject inside Pivot
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:10:46 GMT
Again, I don't personally see any value in doing this. There is no issue in having a dependency
on the SVG JARs, either from a licensing or deployment perspective, and you'd only be saving
a single class (Drawing) in the WTK JAR. You'd need to add it to another JAR, which will probably
*increase* download size slightly. Finally, as I mentioned, you'll lose the ability to specify
SVG files in markup:

<ImageView image="@foo.svg"/>

So this gets a big -1 from me.