pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal "Pivot goes HTML5"
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:39:45 GMT
Hi Roger,

so maybe our 2.1 could become more a 2.5 release ... what do you think ?

> I think it's a great idea.  And it sounds like a Pivot 3.0 timeframe.
Great.

> I'm a little concerned, reading others' replies, about the "impedance mismatch" that
Noel mentioned and Greg's concern about font metrics, but in general I think this is the "right
way" to go (farther) forward.  The key thing for the short-term would be defining the "Pivot
SPI" in your diagram and getting the existing AWT plugged into it, which it sounds like you
are already working on.
> So, count me in.
For sure .-) .

Just after the pluggable AWT backend I see even a pluggable JavaFX 2
backend (if compatible by license) ... could give us another vision on
the future (and start playing with it).

So, Niclas, do you like the idea to work on it in a pivot3_branch by
copying existing trunk as a starting point (or if you prefer, start
with a clean branch) ?
And then move/copy there your changes ?

Bye