pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal "Pivot goes HTML5"
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:11:00 GMT
Hi,

> I also like the idea (in fact, I was working also in something similar for android, using
Apache Harmony sources). I think that I can help.
Very good, you are welcome :-) ... the problem we have now is that in
Apache, Committers have to sign the ICLA (see:
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html ,
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html ). I don't remember if
before adding a new Committer we need a Vote, for sure Niclas can say
something on this.
At least you can start with some patch but I understand this is not
the best ... but could be temporary.

> My opinion is that GWT/HTML5 and Android are more important that JavaFX for now.
Yes, even in my opinion.
At least until Dart will be more mature ( http://www.dartlang.org/ ),
in Google vision seems that they want to write code in Dart and
generate Javascript (for GWT but not only) in the Browser now (and in
the future even run directly Dart as s scripting language inside
browsers).
And they are writing even a standalone VM, like our dear JVM ... let's
see in the future.
We could even think on a Dart porting for Pivot ...

> Maybe from JavaFX we can use the Prism engine,
I was trying to say this, but badly ...
> but in any case the first big and difficult step is split AWT (and maybe some other no
AWT packages like StaX and bsf) from Pivot and create Pivot SPI.
Yes, but if Niclas has already do something on this, could be a great
start point.

Bye,
Sandro