pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions on creating the new release
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:37:21 GMT
Sandro,

Firstly, keep up the good work!

On 10 December 2011 06:24, Sandro Martini <sandro.martini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm starting to creating the 2.0.1 release from a Linux VM (ubuntu)
> using our shell scripts to avoid errors ...
>
> But you know that until now all Pivot releases has been doing by Todd,
> so as any first time I have some problems running scripts:
> Todd/Greg/others, can you give me some hint ? Thank you very much ...
> and sorry but this is very different from my usual flow (and I don't
> want to make damages), and all those info has never be published in
> our mailing lists nor docs. So after this I could get all info and
> write a README in the infra folder ...
I agree.  Documenting any manual procedures will be valuable.

> After running the check-svn-props.sh I get in output some pivot files
> that haven't the right mime type, right (the output redirected to file
> is here in attach) ?
I can't see any attachments on this email, but probably wouldn't be
able to help much even if I could!

> Tried to run  ven the create-tag.sh, and the tag should be done, but
> I'm running it from a folder downloaded from pivot svn trunk, so for
> example I get this:
> Error: Current folder is not the repository root
>  Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot
>  Current:         https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk
>
> Should I rename my folder "pivot_trunk" to "trunk" (or I could even
> checkout a fresh copy from the trunk) and re-launch that script but
> from an upper level (respect of my folder) ?
This sounds like it expects to have a full checkout of the root Pivot
SVN folder.
Did you try checking out a new copy from here?
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot

> Create-release.sh , should be executed as last (I hope :-) ) ... and I
> see inside a reference to an environment variable to $RAT_LIB , but I
> don't have it ... from where can I get it ? Do you think could be
> useful to put inside our svn somewhere (just to cache a copy there, or
> write something on it in the README under the infra folder in svn) ?

This looks to be the RAT page, so I guess it needs to be downloaded,
built and have that environment variable point to it.
http://incubator.apache.org/rat/

Chris