pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fix broken link to Charting on all pages at http://pivot.apache.org?
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:21:18 GMT
Hi all,
during some reworking on Pivot Web Site I have to fix the link (broken
since many time) of the Charting Demo:
I have tried many different ways, but haven't found a way to link to a
page (html and/or wiki) published under the Pivot-Demos project under
apache extras (
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-demos/ ) ... Google
studied all to forbid this type of publishing.
If someone has some idea please tell me, but I think we should use the
following solution.

This is an extract from the beginnin gof this thread, months ago,
started by Edvin:

>All pages on pivot.apache.org include a footer link to http://ixnay.biz/pivot-jfree-demos/charts_demo.html.
After an earlier discussion, I registered pivot-demos.com and set up http://pivot-demos.com/pivot-jfree-demos/charts_demo.html.

Edvin, only remember to update all after the final 2.0.1 release :-) ...

So I'm thinking to change the link to the new (working) URL.
Only I have to check with Apache Rules if this is the right way ...
could be needeed a page in the middle (in our web site) containing
there the link to the new Charting Demos ... let's update.

Tell me for suggestions, comments, etc ...

This is the issue (high priority, but not tied to a Pivot Release)
related to web site reworking, to be more compliant with Apache
branding rules:

Bye,
Sandro