pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.3 - Round 3
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:15:44 GMT
Hi, didn't find info that it's not possible to extend a vote duration, so
unless objection I'll extend it the next email here (but with a little
different title, to have it more visible) ...

> I think Sandro created the release on Linux, so likely the line endings
> were \n and not \r\n as they would be in Windows.  Also the .jar files
> won't be exactly the same due to timestamps, and probably subtle JDK
> differences (such as exact minor release number, etc.).  I used WinMerge
> on Windows with settings to ignore line-ending diffs and "diff -r" on OSX
> to do my comparisons, which seems to verify that the line endings in
the sources files are \n only.
Yes, out Release are always generated from Linux machines (or Mac OSX by
Todd, many time ago), related scripts are Unix shell scripts since the
beginning ... I'd like to update them to something more portable (for
example Gradle ...) but didn't have enough time up to now, and I'm not sure
it worth the effort.

Bye,
Sandro