pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject New style attribute for do not draw border in components (for 2.1)
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:21:03 GMT
Hi all,
after some work on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-689 ,to
fix some  visual inconsistencies in trunk now I guess if a new
attribute could be set in many Components to be able to disable the
drawing of borders around components (inside the paint method in the
skin of any component) ... could be noBorder (or similar).

Of course this would be set by hand if/when needed in any single
component (for example via bxml), or global (if possible in Pivot
configuration files).

In this way we could easily implement skins more "flat" that seems
more "modern" (really ? :-) ) ...
In attach I put a sample screenshot od our Color with borders disabled
but only in some kind of components, link Tooltips, PushButtons,
TextInputs, Spinners, Accordions (partial), Tabs (partial) etc ... but
just to give an idea.

This Demo could give some inspiration of a new (ok, for the Web)
amazing flat style:
https://material.angularjs.org/

What do you think ?

Last, I'm thinking at another new attribute to disable transitions
(sometimes could be useful), handled in the same way (per single
component, or global depending on needs) ... comments ?

Bye,
Sandro