pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : Pivot-maintenance on Java 8 #1120
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 14:59:47 GMT
So, the "maintenance" branch (2.0.x) still only requires Java 1.6, so
why are we only building with Java 8?  I would think we should be
building with Java 1.6, so we know that it works at the lowest common
denominator still.....  Is that possible?  Does the Jenkins machine have
access to Java 1.6 JDK?  If not, then I think we should be
building/testing "maintenance" with 1.7, since that is the most likely
"lowest common denominator" actively being used at this point....

Actually, I would think we should be doing "maintenance" builds with all
three:  1.6, 1.7 and 1.8, just to check to make sure it works with any
Java version that Pivot 2.0.x will accept....  For "trunk" we could just
have 1.8 builds, since that is what we are targeting at this point.

Thoughts?  Is this possible?

Thanks,
~Roger