pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : Pivot-maintenance on Java 8 #1120
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 10:07:04 GMT
Hi,
I'm looking to disable Jenkins Build for trunk on Java 7, but looking
at our BUILD file we still set Java 7 as minimum release for the trunk
so I think we have two choices for trunk:
- stay with Java 7 as minimum requirements, and keep enabled related Jenkins job
- update requirements to Java 8, and disable Jenkins job for Java 7,
or better change it to test instead with latest builds of Java 9 to
start looking at it

What do you prefer ?

Bye,
Sandro

> The other thing is that building the 2.0.x branch with Java 8 gives 100s of Javadoc warnings,
which are also not really helpful.  I have fixed all these in "trunk".  But, if we're going
to do a Jenkins build for 2.0.x (and I think we should, since is the current release branch),
then it should build "clean", without 100s of warnings......  And a Java 7 (or Java 6 if we
can do it) build would achieve that....

> ~Roger

is 6, and the current one is Java 8, and Java 7 is after End-of-Life so I think is no more
relevant (even because if some code compiles with Java 6 and with Java 8 usually if works
even with Java 7) ...