pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <rogerandb...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Reinventing RCP
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:18:13 GMT
Hi Marek,

Thanks for revisiting us. That is a very interesting idea (and, I imagine, a lot of work!)
 So, I would encourage you to tinker with the thought and do some further study if you're
really interested.  I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough to be able to comment more specifically...

Thank you,

~Roger Whitcomb

________________________________
From: Marek Mosiewicz <marekmosiewicz@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 1:15:54 PM
To: dev@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Reinventing RCP

Hello,

A few years time ago I evaluated Pivot and I liked it quite well. I
abonded project so the Pivot.

Currently I'm thinking of returning to that project which is open source
ERP.

What about rewriting Pivot in some language like Kotlin and using it in
native browser.

Kotlin has WebAssembly and javascript output. Rendering could be done by
Canvas or WebGL.

That could be back of Applets.

Best regards,

      Marek Mosiewicz