pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject Building using Java 11?
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2019 01:17:25 GMT
Hi all,
                I'm trying to build latest Pivot trunk code with Java 11 and am running into
this error:

C:\Projects\pivot\trunk\core\src\org\apache\pivot\io\FileSerializer.java:27: error: package
javax.activation does not exist
import javax.activation.MimetypesFileTypeMap;
                       ^
C:\Projects\pivot\trunk\core\src\org\apache\pivot\io\FileSerializer.java:40: error: cannot
find symbol

Which I can resolve by adding the "--release 8" switch.  But, then I run into this error,
which I cannot seem to resolve:

C:\Projects\pivot\trunk\wtk\src\org\apache\pivot\wtk\BrowserApplicationContext.java:28: error:
package netscape.javascript does not exist
import netscape.javascript.JSObject;
                          ^
C:\Projects\pivot\trunk\wtk\src\org\apache\pivot\wtk\BrowserApplicationContext.java:412: error:
cannot find symbol

Search of stackoverflow, or other Java forums has so far not helped.  Any thoughts or experience
with this??

Thanks,
~Roger